Motorways of the Peloponnese (OLYMPIA ODOS and MOREAS) use a unified emergency telephone number, the four-digit 1025*. In the event of a vehicle breakdown or incident, drivers may dial 1025* from their mobile phones and inform the Traffic Management Centre about the location and the type of the incident, so that a service vehicle should be dispatched on site.
In the event of a vehicle breakdown or incident, drivers should proceed to the following actions:
- Move their vehicle to the Emergency Lane (EL), which is situated on the right side of the motorway.
- Take all the necessary measures provided by the Traffic Code (such as turning on the vehicle’s hazard flashers, placing the triangular warning sign on the road pavement etc)
- Inform the Traffic Management Centre of their situation by dialing 1025* from their mobile phone or by using the Emergency Road Telephones, and mention their location, according to the mileage point indicators. These indicators display the vehicle’s direction initial letter (A=towards Athens, K=towards Kalamata etc.) and the mileage point – please see here.
- Stay behind the safety barriers and wait for the Patrol and Intervention Unit of MOREAS to arrive.
* In accordance with the decision of the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission (EETT) with No. 966/2 – Government Gazette 5266/Β/30-11-2020, we would like to inform you that calls to 1025 are subject to the Tariff Policy applied by each mobile and fixed telecommunications network operator. For further information, please visit the website of your network operator as well as the website of the Price Observatory for Telecommunication and Postal Retail Services of EETT.